Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Journal 2: School 2.0 Reflection Tool

This relates to NETS-T IV.
For the School 2.0 reflection, I chose the NETS-T 1: Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity. I chose this module because of the importance of creativity and my opinion that a creative environment facilitates learning. I also chose the module because of my feeling that my creativity has not always been able to be used to its fullest. The resource I chose to go to was the video of Sir Ken Robinson’s talk of creativity in school. Sir Robinson discussed how creativity was limited in children due to them not being prepared to be wrong. I agree with this position, and I believe that too often the way classrooms are structured require the students never to be wrong. Students do not get credit most times for their effort, but only get rewarded for a correct response. Sir Robinson’s story of the dancer also revealed the importance to differentiate between students. He showed that not all students should be approached the same way, and children learn in different ways. Stepping away from the standard academic approach allows teachers to see the potential in every student.

No comments:

Post a Comment